For many, smart working is not easy and working at home can be really complicated starting from the work spaces: there are those who work on the kitchen table, those from the sofa, those from the bed but productivity, concentration and the desire to work they are really affected by it.
Furnishing a home office to work in smartworking can be really useful (trust me, I’ve been working in smartworking for 4 years already).
Furnishing the home office, general advice:
- Start from a desk or a table that is solely and exclusively dedicated to work: keep it tidy and clean every day (maybe in the evening, when you switch off, take 5 minutes to put everything in order and eliminate unnecessary things such as post it notes, handkerchiefs, paper cups, dirty cups, ashtrays, etc.)
- Choose a comfortable and ergonomic office chair(leave the sofa or kitchen chair alone)
- Choose a few pieces of furniture that are useful, for example a pen holder, a holder for tabs, a charging station for mobile phones …
Also I advise you, in order to avoid having sheets scattered throughout the house and risking losing important documents:
- to place the printer / scanner next to you
- buy binders for documents (for example these) or folders
What I also recommend is not to have lunch at your desk, much less have a coffee or a snack without removing yourself from the computer.;
Set up a coffee break corner that is away from your laptop or documents and take those 5 minutes to unplug.
ARE YOU A DIGITAL WOMAN ENTREPRENEUR? READ ALSO MY DAILY MORNING ROUTINE
Make sure you have a source of natural light nearby and I recommend this because every now and then you should look away from the screen and make sure that the pupil can rest (if you work with two screens I recommend it even more)
WOULD YOU LISTEN TO MUSIC WHILE YOU WORK BUT THINK YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CONCENTRATE?
THEN TRY THE BINEURAL SOUNDS
Also make your work and break spaces aesthetically pleasing, perhaps by adding some posters (For example, I did it for my office of only 15 square meters and I’ll tell you about it in this article).