The place is really very well known, perhaps one of the best known for eating good crepes in Marseille, the best known on Tripadvisor but we have still decided to give you also our opinion that we hope will be useful. Let’s talk about Le Crepe au carrè and the most famous Crepes in Marseille.
Le Crepe au Carrè,is an informal local, with a vintage style, that style a bit “old France”.
Open for both lunch and dinner, it is the temple of crepes and not only, here in fact they also serve galettes.
The galettes are a typical Breton dish,similar to crepes, prepared with buckwheat and stuffed mostly with salty ingredients.
Let’s start with the drinks
We chose both 0.50 beers and cider,which intrigued us for a while and we took advantage of it to taste it: not bad at all.
So let’s move on to our dinner at the Crepe au carrè
We tried the galettes and because we were with friends, we tasted some:
- Cream, marinated salmon and herbs : excellent, delicate and light despite the presence of the cream.
- Salmon Lemon and herbs: even more delicate than the first, simple but decisive taste
- Cooked ham, Raclette cheese and baked potatoes: absolutely to try! A bomb yes, but with a sensational taste that will amaze you
- Eggs, rocket and cooked ham: simple but consistent true?
We loved it so much that we even did the encore!
Let’s now move on to the dessert and this time we talk about Crepes: we recommend you to taste one of these that we have tried:
- Salted Butter and Caramel
- Crepes Susette,a classic
- Crepes with Nutella,another classic for gluttons
How much we paid to the Crepe au carrè
Well, so let’s recap:
- 6 salted galettes
- 4 Beers from 0.50 cl
- 1 bottle of cider
- 4 sweet crepes
Total: 80 euros, a price in our opinion right, considering that we are in France, in a tourist resort and we did a double round of Galettes.
However, we inform you that Le Crepe au Carrè also choose between two fixed menus at a cost of around 13 euros and also group menu.
Local therefore recommended for groups but also couples and Families.